Environmental Management and Carbon Policy Statement
We all live in a world where climate change, competition for declining resources, environmental degradation and pollution are very real threats to the sustainability of the human race. Every individual and organisation, however small can make a difference. As our own impact stretches from primary production all over the globe to consumers in the UK, Greencell is totally committed to improving our environmental performance throughout the complete supply chain.
Greencell has attained ISO 14001: 2015 certification in environmental management systems and ISO 50001:2018 certificate in energy management systems as well as being Carbon Trust Accredited. Greencell will maintain these accolades as a minimum standard for all present and future environmental/carbon reduction initiatives through this policy and associated procedures which control our environmental aspects. Greencell will ensure it operates within all environmental, legal and other requirements as imposed by UK/EU laws.
Greencell will promote best practice in the protection of the environment and the wider community.
The requirements of this Group Policy apply to Greencell and its’s employees.
Greencell maintains a documented EMS & EnMS management system using ISO 14001:2015 and ISO 50001:2018 as the framework within which to evaluate and improve our environmental & energy performance. In addition, Greencell has adopted the Plan – Do – Check – Act (PDCA) as a continual improvement framework which is outlined in this policy.
The Senior Management Team have responsibility for allocating appropriate resources for the effective implementation and maintenance of the company’s EMS & EnMS management systems. The Managing Director has overall ownership of the EMS & EnMS systems. The Head of Operation reports on environmental/energy issues at board level and advises on resource requirements. The Environmental Manager has responsibility for the collation, analysis and dissemination of data, resulting from the implementation of the Environmental & Energy policy and the EMS & EnMS management programs. There is an ongoing commitment by all staff to continually improve environmental performance and to comply with relevant environmental legislation.
Greencell are fully committed to continual improvement to enhance our environmental performance, through constant review, in order to provide an effectively controlled environmental management system and service. This Environmental Policy Statement is applicable to all areas of our business and has been implemented to meet the requirements of the ISO 14001:2015. It is our Policy to:
- Establish an environmental management system to the requirements of the ISO14001:2015 standards.
- Identify and assess the environmental aspects of our activities and services to prioritise those requiring management as part of our EMS
- Ensure the environmental policy and environmental objectives are established for the EMS and are compatible with the context and strategic direction of the Company, in order to continually improve our environmental performance.
- To establish and measure the significant environmental impacts of our operations, set targets for performance improvements and monitor progress against those targets in areas including but not limited to energy, greenhouse gas emissions, water usage and waste.
- Meet all applicable compliance obligations including environmental legislation and the expectations of our interested parties, including customer’s expectations.
- To ensure that employees have a level of knowledge and understanding appropriate to their environmental responsibilities and are aware of actions they can take to reduce their impacts.
- Minimise the environmental impacts of our activities, prevent pollution and continually improve our environmental performance.
- Employ systems and procedures that ensure our company’s compliance with all relevant legislation and other voluntary obligations relating to the policy.
- Manage the life cycle of our products, solutions, and services in an environmentally responsible manner.
- To engage with our suppliers, customers and other stakeholders on environmental issues, including the sustainability of our raw and packaging material supply chains.
- Promote sustainable development by conserving energy, materials and resources, minimising consumption, maximising efficiency and effectively managing wastes.
- Review the environmental management system, to ensure its continuing suitability, adequacy and effectiveness.
- Ensure the requirements and objectives of the Company Environment Policy continue to be maintained through environmental internal audits.
- Annual review meetings are held to a formal agenda and address the possible need for changes to policy, objectives and other elements of the environmental managements system.
Greencell are fully committed to continual improvement to enhance our energy performance, through constant review, in order to provide an effectively controlled energy management system and service. This Environmental Policy Statement is applicable to all areas of our business and has been implemented to meet the requirements of the ISO 50001: 2018. It is our Policy to:
- Establish an energy management system to the requirements of the ISO 50001: 2018 standards.
- Ensure the energy policy and energy objectives are established for the EnMS and are compatible with the context and strategic direction of the Company, in order to continually improve our environmental performance.
- Continually improve energy efficiency, measured using appropriate Energy Performance Indicators
- Maintain a register of opportunities for saving energy and establish objectives and targets and action plans to improve energy efficiency and monitor energy performance whilst ensuring the availability of information and necessary resources to achieve objectives and energy targets
- Conducts energy reviews and establishes the baseline, energy performance indicators, objectives, targets and action plans necessarily to deliver results that will improve energy performance in accordance with the Greencell energy policy.
- Improve energy efficiency throughout the business to achieve continual annual reductions in energy consumption and associated CO2 emissions, when related to turnover and other metrics such a CO2 emissions of production tonnage, and in so doing meet exceed agreed energy and carbon reduction targets.
- Identify and comply with all relevant legal requirements and other requirements that relate to the company’s activities and its use of energy.
- Train employees in energy-related issues, including ensuring that each level of management is trained to the extent necessary to ensure effective understanding appropriate to their role.
- Consider life cycle energy performance when undertaking capital projects and in procuring energy consuming plant, equipment and services.
- Conduct planned maintenance of equipment and plant to ensure efficient performance and optimal energy consumption.
- Review the performance of the energy management system against objectives at defined intervals to ensure the continued suitability, adequacy and effectiveness of the system and to decide actions for continual improvement.
- Ensure the requirements and objectives of the Company Energy Policy continue to be maintained through energy internal audits.
- Review Energy Performance Indicators, Objectives and Targets annually as part of the Management Review process updating Energy Performance Indicators, Objectives and Targets as necessary
“The Environmental & Energy Statement” is communicated to all staff and is made available to the public via our Company website. However, we don’t communicate our significant environmental aspects to third parties. The Environmental Manager is responsible for responding to any external communications regarding environmental matters.
Measuring our Environmental & Energy Performance:
We will monitor and review our environmental & energy performance against our environmental principles and commitments set out in this policy.
This policy will be reviewed on a yearly basis to ensure that it remains relevant and appropriate.