We all live in a world where climate change, competition for declining resources, environmental degradation and pollution are very real threats to the sustainability of the human race. Every individual and organisation, however small can make a difference. As our own impact stretches from primary production all over the globe to consumers in the UK, Greencell is totally committed to improving our environment and performance throughout the complete supply chain.
Specifically, Greencell will:
- Establish an environmental management system to the requirements of ISO 14001:2004
- Seek to make measurable improvements in environmental performance year on year.
- Promote the adoption of Good Agricultural Practice through Assured Produce, GLOBAL GAP and LEAF throughout our supply base.
- Seek ways to reduce our carbon footprint and GHG emissions generated by both our operations and complete product life cycle; actions and activities supported and certified by the Carbon Trust.
- Pursue efficient logistics strategies, product and personnel, to reduce food miles and to minimise the environmental impact of transportation.
- Implement programmes to conserve resources through usage efficiency and waste minimisation.
- Work with customers and suppliers to minimise excess packaging and promote the use of recyclable and biodegradable materials.
- Implement measures to prevent pollution and minimise emissions to the environment by our own operations.
- Manage the disposal of unavoidable waste through the hierarchy of reduce, re-use, recycle, and recover towards a zero land-fill target.
- Adopt such procedures that are necessary to ensure compliance with all relevant environmental legislation.
- Stimulate every employee to take responsibility through awareness and training at all levels.
- Be a good neighbour